You can make a difference in the life of people who are hungry. Coordinate a food and funds drive with your family business, school, church, or community organization. The Food Bank can make a big impact against hunger with financial donations. Peoria Area Food Bank encourages all organizations to collect funds as well as food. Every $1 donated can provide 5 meals for the hungry! Here are some tips to make your Food and Funds Drive successful.
- Plan ahead – put together a team to select dates, set a goal and handle details
- Get the word out – create flyers or posters; promote in newsletters, e-blasts and on your website
- Be creative – decorate collection boxes, offer prizes for the group that collects the most food
- Start with a bang and end with a big finale – have kickoff and wrap up events
What Items are Most Needed?
- Boxed Cereal
- Peanut Butter
- Canned Chicken Breast or Tuna
- Canned Soup
- Canned Vegetables
- Canned Fruit
- Dried Pasta, Rice and Beans
We consider your transportation of collected food as part of your donation. Your delivery to our warehouse allows us to use our resources in a cost-effective manner. The Peoria Area Food Bank is located at 721 W. McBean St., Peoria, IL 61605. Smaller food donations that can fit inside a personal vehicle may be dropped off at the food bank between the hours of 8 a.m. and noon, and 1 p.m. and 4 p.m., Monday through Friday. For larger food donations, please call the food bank at 309-671-3906 to schedule a delivery appointment.
All financial donations should be placed in one envelope and kept separately from any food donations. Please list the following information on the outside of the envelope for receipt purposes: name of your organization, contact person name, address, daytime phone number, and total donation amount. Checks should be made payable to “Peoria Area Food Bank”.
Questions about hosting a food & funds drive? Please contact Jeanette Wennmacher at (309) 999-3842.