Become A Peoria Area Food Bank Partner
Join a network of hunger relief partners and allow the Peoria Area Food Bank to be an ongoing source of free or low-cost food to stock your pantry or kitchen.
- 501(c)(3) nonprofit or faith-based organization. Government organizations and foster parent associations are not eligible for membership.
- Located in 3 county area served by the Peoria Area Food Bank (Mason, Peoria, and Tazewell counties)
- Serves people in need, children or the unwell
- Must have adequate capacity to safely store the quantities and types of food received.
- Must comply with health and sanitation standards in accordance with the Illinois State Department of Health.
APPLICATION APPROVAL AND INSPECTION
After receipt and review of membership application…
- Applicant will receive a phone call from Agency Relations to schedule an inspection of the distribution site.
- After the inspection, if requirements are fulfilled, the applicant will receive an e-mail from Agency Relations with an assigned account number and a membership orientation PowerPoint.
- After the applicant reviews the PowerPoint, the applicant may start ordering from the food bank following the procedures laid out in the PowerPoint.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
It varies depending upon the time the food bank receives your completed application
and the time of the preliminary site visit. After the preliminary site visit you should
receive verification of the membership via e-mail within 24 to 48 hours after the visit.
There is not membership and/or application fee to become a member. However,
after membership is established, members are assessed a “shared maintenance fee” of
19¢ a pound or less in lieu of a membership fee on all items donated to the food bank.
Please see the “Membership Fees” section in the Membership Orientation PowerPoint.
No payment is necessary upon pick up or delivery. An invoice will be given to you
upon pick up, or mailed to you within 24 to 48 hours after delivery. Terms are Net 30
days from date of invoice. PERSONAL CHECKS, MONEY ORDERS, AND CASH
ARE NOT ACCEPTED. Bills must be paid with a check from an account that is solely
designated for the member agency.
No, we are not set up to accept credit or debit cards at this time.
You may schedule an appointment to pick up food up to once a week. Please see
the “Scheduling” section of the Membership Orientation Powerpoint.
We get a variety of frozen, canned and dry goods, and occasionally fresh produce.
For questions regarding becoming a partner, please contact: